Friday, January 19, 2007

Pak-Jordan Trip Part 2: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

As for the plane rides, well you know I always wish I hadn't forgotten my trusty blow-gun with the tranquilizer darts. Think I could have gotten it on the plane? As for airplane food, Emirates Air wins, hands down. Their food is actually pretty good. Watched a lot of movies and did a lot of puzzles since I can't sleep too much on the plane.
1. Barnyard: Hilarious. Excellent movie. I'd been wanting to see it for awhile.
2. Lady in the Water: I liked that too. I heard it didn't do well at the box office, but I thought it was an excellent story and very well done. Except those wolfy creatures gave me nightmares.
3. Invincible: Good. I'm not a big sports fan, but it's hard not to get excited for the main character's success (based on a true story, not sure how accurately).
4. Scoop: Weird. Woody Allen is annoying, but I enjoyed the way he made a comedy out of a situation that's definitely not too funny. And I like Scarlett Johanssen.
5. The Queen: Well, what I saw of it was good. I was pretty sleepy at that time. I will have to watch it again.

Trains. Well, a train. From Islamabad to Lahore. Very nice, we got to take a break from the road traffic for a train ride, so I was able to enjoy the scenery without worrying about getting killed on the highway.

Automobiles. The fun part. Especially the ride back to Islamabad from Lahore, via the village, taking some "shortcuts" through several villages and village-sized potholes. And everywhere getting mooed and baaed at by the psychedelically painted Eid cows and goats. Well, I had a lot of fun. I'm not sure about the drivers or the cars' shocks and tires!

Next up, wildlife! Including forms of transportation that don't have engines.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ol' Baby said...

hey. i'm glad you're updating. do you have any pictures to go along with the commentary? that would be nice!I really want to take the train in pk. i haven't since i was 4.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great update :) Are you going to ride an elephant? Or a camel? donkey, horse? And pictures please.

Ya Haqq!

11:47 AM  
Blogger musicalchef said...

Thanks; unfortunately i don't have a camera, but if i get the pics that others took, i will post some!

2:55 PM  
Blogger William Helix said...

I live in Philadelphia and want to study ethnomusicology myself. I'm on a friends machine right now, but could you please email me so we could correspond a little about it? My address: kalibhakta@gmail.com Thanks.

William

PS I would email you bt I can't find your address and am in a rush!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home